Here’s legal stuff that I have to make available.
My Comments Policy
By posting on my blog, you agree to the following:
- You may comment, but you must register.
- You may post follow-up questions. I would rather receive your comments/questions on my blog than via e-mail, unless what you ask requires some level of privacy.
- If you disagree with what I or anyone says, please do so in a way that is respectful.
- I reserve the right to delete your comments. This is my blog. I don’t have an obligation to publish your comments. I will delete your comments if you post something that is, in my sole opinion, (a) snarky; (b) off-topic; (c) libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate my sense of decorum and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws; or (d) “spam,” i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services. You may, however, post a link to your site or your most recent blog post.
- You retain ownership of your comments. I do not own them and I expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on my site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve me from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
- You grant me a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, nonexclusive, and royalty free. You grant me the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, a picture, a video, or presentation.
My Thoughts and This Website Are My own
Each and every thought on this website is my own. These are my own thoughts, generated by me, representing me. They – and this website – are in no way affiliated with any company that I work for, with, or that I have any involvement in. If I’ve made a mistake, it’s my fault. Do not rely on anything in this website as legal, financial, accounting, investment, tax, or any other kind of regulated advice.
What’s the deal with disclosure statements at the end of each post?
There is a law that requires disclosure, especially if a post endorses or promotes a product or service that when purchased, results in an affiliate payment from the seller to me. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.
Terms and Conditions For Using My Website, Products and Services
You agree to use my products and services only for lawful purposes. You may not post on or transmit through my products or services any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including any material that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate applicable laws, and any material related to gambling.
I may prohibit conduct, communication, or content that we, in our sole discretion, believe to be harmful or objectionable to individual users, me, or any rights of mine or any third party, to violate applicable laws, or for any other reason that I reasonably believe will bring scorn or derision upon me. Notwithstanding the foregoing, I cannot ensure prompt editing or removal of questionable content after online posting or transmittal. Accordingly, I will not assume liability for any action or inaction with respect to conduct, communication, or content in connection with my products and/or services.
No Warranties and Limitation of Liability
Use of my products and services is at your sole risk. I do not warrant that my products or services will be uninterrupted or error-free; nor do they make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of my products or services, or as to the accuracy, reliability, or currency of any information content, service, or merchandise provided through my products or services.
I AM PROVIDING THESE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES AND RELATED CONTENT ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THESE ITEMS. I DISCLAIM ALL THOSE REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, INCLUDING FOR EXAMPLE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTIBILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. FURTHER, I DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE ON OR THROUGH MY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE, OR CURRENT AND ALL INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO YOU.
I am not liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of my products or services. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
You agree that you are solely and completely responsible for your use of my products or services, for any data transmissions using my products or services, and for the content of any such transmissions. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless me, affiliates, directors, partners, employees, investors or other representatives of any of them from any type of demand or any type of claim, including reasonable attorney fees, which may be made as a result of your use of my products or services.
I use reasonable precautions to protect the privacy and security of your user information and any other information that you store or transmit using my products or services. My web services are hosted by a reputable third party hosting service. While my experience with my hosting service has been very good, I make no representation or warranty with respect to backups, disaster recovery, or data security. Specifically, I do not offer the ability to selectively restore content items stored or transmitted using my products or services, nor do I provide any guarantee that some or all of the data content you store or transmit using my products or services will not be permanently lost or corrupted. You are solely responsible for maintaining backup copies of any data you deem important.
To better protect your privacy I provide this notice explaining my online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. This policy notice applies to all information collected or submitted using my products and services.
I use return e-mail addresses to answer the e-mail I receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with third parties except when such return addresses appear in e-mail text that is forwarded to a third party in the normal course of responding to that e-mail.
For subscribers to my email lists, I will not sell, make available or in any way distribute your e-mail address to anyone else, nor will I send you e-mails other than for the purpose of the e-mail subscriber list for which you are subscribing.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, I have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information I collect online.
My web site may include links to third party web sites—including those of my advertisers—that are outside of my control. Please check the privacy polices of such sites.