Links and Selected Social Stream Activity
CPG and Retail
- What technologies or companies are going to get people to use their smarthphones in-store while shopping? http://j.mp/p1nkVQ Good answers.
- RT @retailxpert: Wholesale-to-retail heading hyper-local. My latest blog article. http://bit.ly/oS0ZfU
- here today, gone tomorrow: http://j.mp/niymm2 Brands and diminishing shelf space
- What are some cheap, effective ways to conduct consumer research? http://j.mp/rmSmQc I added a response
- Find a cheaper way to make/source a product than your competitors. Not an original idea, but effective execution.http://j.mp/o7paqK
- RT @retail_sails Retailers must change the way they think about and build their #brands, or face extinction http://sgp.cm/cd0b77 #retail
- RT @pHammerbeck RT @retailgeek: 93% of sales occur offline in a#retail store, but 80% of consumers research a product online first http://s
- Why Online-to-Offline Integration is the Next Wave of E-Commerce Innovation: http://j.mp/qqqWKA
- @retailecologist Thx. Wondering how retailers will compete with online, especially if online starts same-day delivery in metro areas.
- Groupon meets the outdoor segment? Cool home page picture: http://j.mp/p69Gzw
- More good QR code best practices: http://j.mp/pVV6YD
- Some good points about using QR codes in smart ways: http://j.mp/pfoE1N
- Big US chains begin to ‘shrink’ their stores: http://j.mp/nDuM82Trend in retail.
- Fresh crop of farmers markets is springing up nationwide: http://j.mp/qYZCiv Another way to sell to the consumer, even for CPG’s.
- The case for in-store navigation: https://plus.google.com/113284824893630591242/posts/Ed7UazXHcZP
- RT @johndep: Amazon Quietly Launched a Kindle Social Network http://zite.to/naVGE7 Q: How can book authors use this for marketing?
This Week’s Post and Activity
I’ll be presenting a short case study on a local company I recently met in the natural food -gluten-free sector. I also sent off to the editor last week a book my wife and I will be publishing in February 2012. I am learning a lot about publishing, both print and e-book. We are working on the marketing strategy now.
A few images I took last week.