I work in early-stage startups, small ($0-2MM) and lower-middle-market consumer product businesses ($2MM-$50MM). I sold one company, built five and crashed two.
I currently co-own a small company in the pet category, but do most of my work through Basecamp InQb8r, my online platform that uses data and data science to understand, navigate and profit from the consumer product marketplace.
I live on a farm in Colorado with my wife and dogs.
How To Get The Best Use of my Content and Knowledge
Review my free content about how to develop, launch and grow your consumer product company. You can also do text searches via the dialog box top right and check the sitemap for a complete listing of my content. I have organized my content as follows:
- Long Form Content: includes posts that are generally very tactical and how-to, related to developing, launching and growing a consumer product company.
- Visuals: consolidates the infographics and diagrams that I include in my posts.
- Downloads: consolidates the downloads I make available in my posts.
My Products, Services and Activities
- Startups can join Basecamp InQb8r to learn how to develop, launch and grow a consumer product company through methods that can lead to more sales – faster – and can make a company and its products more appealing to consumers, resellers and investors, with less risk. I also hold regular open-office hours via videoconferencing to answer specific questions for startups. Access it here.
- I serve as an advisor to startups.
- Companies hire me to help them develop, launch and grow. I am a deep generalist in understanding how to develop, launch and grow consumer product companies across all major areas, including R&D, supply chain, production, logistics, marketing, sales, finance and operations, with a focus on using data and data science to grow.
- I develop, launch and grow companies, either on my own or with partners.
- I work with other consumer product marketplace participants, including investors, vendors, manufacturers, service providers, government and non-profits who need assistance understanding, identifying, locating, vetting and working with early-stage startups, small ($0-2MM) and lower-middle-market consumer product businesses ($2MM-$50MM).
Notifications on New Content I Post
I post new articles to my email list for Basecamp InQb8r. Please subscribe from the footer of any page on that website. I also post content out to the various social platforms. See the footer of any page on this website for those links.