I work in early-stage startups, small ($0-2MM) and lower-middle-market consumer product businesses ($2MM-$50MM), which can also be referred to as business-to-consumer (B2C) and/or business-to-business-to-consumer (B2B2C) companies.
I currently co-own a small company in the pet category, but do most of my work through Basecamp InQb8r, an online platform that provides marketplace intelligence into the early-stage startup, small ($0-2MM) and lower-middle-market business ($2MM-$50MM) ecosystem for consumer products, and resources to help consumer product startups and small companies develop, launch and grow. The platform is free for startups but also serves as a leads generator to give me advising opportunities, consulting work, investment prospects or sometimes work as a direct hire for companies.
I also work with other consumer product marketplace participants, including investors, vendors, manufacturers, service providers, government and non-profits who need assistance understanding, identifying, locating, vetting and working with early-stage startups, small ($0-2MM) and lower-middle-market consumer product businesses ($2MM-$50MM).
I live on a farm in Colorado with my wife and dogs.
How To Get The Best Use of my Content and Knowledge
Review my free content about how to develop, launch and grow your consumer product company. You can also do text searches via the dialog box top right and check the sitemap for a complete listing of my content. I have organized my content as follows:
- Long Form Content: includes posts that are generally very tactical and how-to, related to developing, launching and growing a consumer product company.
- Visuals: consolidates the infographics and diagrams that I include in my posts.
- Downloads: consolidates the downloads I make available in my posts.
My Products, Services and Activities
I work with consumer product companies in the following ways:
- Startups can join Basecamp InQb8r, a free online platform for consumer product startups. It is designed to teach the best strategies and tactics for growth and provide resources to people on how to develop, launch and grow a consumer product company through methods that can lead to more sales – faster – and can make a company and its products more appealing to consumers, resellers and investors, with less risk. Access it here.
- I serve as an advisor to startups.
- Companies hire me to help them develop, launch and grow. I am a deep generalist in understanding how to develop, launch and grow consumer product companies across all major areas, including R&D, supply chain, production, logistics, marketing, sales, finance and operations. My specialties are as follows:
- Using direct response marketing to achieve high return on ad spend ratios (ROAS), which creates a flywheel effect that can power fast growth selling direct to consumer, which I can then leverage into fast growth into retail, all of which leads to profitability, sustainability and competitive staying power.
- Using data (and big data), including collecting it, designing and operating databases to house it, and using it to make business decisions.
- I develop, launch and grow companies, either on my own or with partners. I currently co-own a business in the pet category.
- I also work with other consumer product marketplace participants, including investors, vendors, manufacturers, service providers, government and non-profits who need assistance understanding, identifying, locating, vetting and working with early-stage startups, small ($0-2MM) and lower-middle-market consumer product businesses ($2MM-$50MM).
Notifications on New Content I Post
I post new articles to my email list for Basecamp InQb8r. Please subscribe from the footer of any page on that website. I also post content out to the various social platforms. See the footer of any page on this website for those links.