Who is Ed Soehnel?
I develop, launch and grow consumer product companies, which can also be referred to as business-to-consumer (B2C) and/or business-to-business-to-consumer (B2B2C) companies.
My background includes one company from startup to $100 million, another to $50 million, a third to $25 million and my current company is niche focused in 6-figures. Previous to these companies, I sold one technology company and crashed two other startups
My business is Basecamp InQb8r, which I use to develop, launch and grow consumer products and consumer product businesses, either on my own, with partners, or helping others as an advisor or consultant. I may also be employed from time to time with companies.
The heart of Basecamp InQB8r is my Growth Stack and my Lean & Agile Framework.
The Growth Stack is my road map for how to successfully develop, launch and grow a consumer product company. In my experience, this approach to growth requires the least amount of investment and carries the least amount of risk, and has the potential to provide much faster, more robust and sustainable growth. It is here in a slideshare and text format.
My Lean & Agile Framework is a large knowledgebase organized to take a startup from idea to $50 million in annual sales using the Growth Stack road map. Where the Growth Stack is the roadmap, the Framework is the operating manual to execute on the roadmap. See more about the Framework here.
Categories I like include:
- General health, wellness, green and natural living
- Body care
- Personal health
I live on a farm in Colorado with my wife and dogs.
How To Get The Best Use of my Content and Knowledge
My website contains a large knowledgebase about how to develop, launch and grow a consumer product company. To maximize it’s use for your benefit, please do the following:
- Learn my preferred growth approach for consumer product startups and product launches, which is a slideshare and text document. This approach – what I call the Growth Stack – is my road map for how to successfully develop, launch and grow a consumer product company.
- Review my free content structured around my Growth Stack roadmap. You can also do text searches via the dialog box top right and check the sitemap for a complete listing of my content. I have organized my content as follows:
- Micro Content: includes limited commentary on current articles and news I come across that I find relevant for consumer product startups.
- Long Form Content: includes posts that are generally very tactical and how-to, related to developing, launching and growing a consumer product company using my roadmap.
- Outlook: the big picture stuff I see and work on that drives my activities in developing, launching and growing a consumer product company using my roadmap.
- Visuals: consolidates the infographics and diagrams that I include in my posts.
- Downloads: consolidates the downloads I make available in my posts.
- Workshops: where I teach about developing, launching and growing a consumer product company using my roadmap.
My Products, Services and Activities
I work with consumer product companies in the following ways:
- I productized my Lean & Agile Framework, which is a large knowledgebase organized to take a startup from idea to $50 million in annual sales using the Growth Stack road map. My Framework is the operating manual to executing on the Growth Stack road map covered in the workshop above. See more about the Framework here.
- Companies hire me to help them develop, launch and grow.
- I serve as an advisor to startups.
- I develop, launch and grow companies that I co-own with partners. I currently co-own a business in the pet category and one in communications tower leasing (this second business is completely out of my focus but I started it because a compelling opportunity arose and is easy to manage on the side).