Here are some quick email marketing benchmarks for my dog category business:
- The email open rate averages 50%;
- The clickthrough rate averages 10%;
- In the last 12 months, about 1/6 of my list has not opened any of my emails.
Overall, I am pretty pleased with my list performance, it’s open rate and engagements.
Some things that help:
- Don’t send emails very often – one to two times a month for us;
- Make them especially entertaining – use fun content with lots of images and video;
- Always send a copy of the email a few days after the first email to those that did not open it – that usually gets me another 5-10% open rates;
- Try to use headlines that increase response.
I post what I see and do in consumer products. But I am just one person with my own perspective. I want your opinion and observations from your point of view. Please comment below so I and others can learn. Thank you!