My Professional Background
My focus is consumer products and with partners, took one company to $100 million, another to $50 million, a third to $25 million and my current company is niche focused in 6-figures.
Previous to these companies, I sold one technology company and crashed two other startups.
My specialty is developing, launching and growing consumer products through a roadmap I have come to call my “Growth Stack”. This has and continues to be my preferred way to grow because in my experience, it requires the least amount of investment and the least amount of risk, and has the potential to provide much faster, more robust and sustainable growth. I teach it in a FREE workshop open to anyone.
I want to leverage my knowledge and experience into helping other startups grow, so I created a startup incubator focused on consumer products. My incubator may be different from others in the following ways:
- It is largely self-directed through an extensive knowledgebase I created and keep updated that supports members who want to growth using my Growth Stack. Members can be anywhere.
- Existing incubators and accelerators are exclusive, giving access to few. I would rather teach as many about my growth stack as possible, so I seek to be more inclusive by accepting most that apply. The compensation for access to my incubator is extremely modest by comparison, with either an upfront cashless approach that is a mix of equity and revenue-share, or if startups prefer, they can pay for access upfront.
- My growth stack teaches and supports self-funding, organic growth and profitability first, whereas the focus of most startup resources I see is on getting funded as a means to their existence and success. But succeeding on my Growth Stack is the perfect way to position a startup for future funding, if that is the route they want to go.
How I interest companies in my incubator and the one-on-one services I provide is best summarized by my sales funnel, below.
Traffic sources for my funnel
- Organic search via content marketing to drive traffic to my website. Traffic comes to me via social channels and Quora, where I am a top-ranked writer in several categories.
- My email list for subscribers to receive my latest content and updates from me.
- Listing in public directories, paid advertising and guest posting.
- Contacts from my CRM database.
- Networking via events and one-on-one.
- Affiliates who have lifetime compensation on any payout I receive.
My funnel has 3 main components
- Lead Magnet. My lead magnet is the free content and free downloads on my website that anyone can access at any time.
- Front-End. My goal is to use this traffic to interest individuals and startups to become members of my incubator. This represents my front-end in my professional funnel. At this stage, incubator members get access to my Lean & Agile Framework, which is the operating manual to help support executing on the Growth Stack (the roadmap). It is a large collection of content, methodologies, processes, tools, spreadsheets, diagrams, resource lists, research, data and software, organized to take a startup from idea to $50 million in annual sales. They also receive advising time upfront to help orient them based on their particular needs.
- Core. For members of my incubator that start to see success using the Growth Stack, my goal is to focus efforts to help further them along in their growth and success through additional services that I might be able to offer them. In funnel terms, this is my core. But at this stage, I tend to focus my efforts on those within my areas of interest, passion and expertise, which are:
- Clean products (natural, organic);
- Clean supply chains (or as best as currently feasible);
- Selling direct-to-consumer;
- Leveraging technology;
- And, leveraging database marketing (which can include artificial intelligence and deep learning).
Companies I work with in my core do not have to come through the incubator. Sometimes, advising, consulting, or full-time opportunities come to me independent of my incubator.
My pet category company is the best example of a company traveling through my funnel.
- I built this company based on many of the principles and guidelines in my Growth Stack and my Lean & Agile framework. But I also use this company to serve as my guinea pig to help improve my Lean and Agile framework.
- I built this company based on my areas of interest, passion and expertise, which is clean products, clean supply chains, selling direct-to-consumer, leveraging technology and database marketing.
My Personal Background
I have a passion for health, wellness and the outdoors live on a farm where my wife and I produce food for personal consumption and my pet product’s company.
But good health has been a struggle for me due to genetic variants that predipose me to pathogen over-growths. This has wreaked havoc with my immune and metabolic systems over the years.
As medical science has caught up to my issues, I have been able to dramatically improve, although I have severe limitations in what I can eat and have to be careful about the environments I travel through.
A Framework for Good Health
I’ve done a tremendous amount of research and trial and error to fix my issues. Western medical doctors and even functional medicine providers are not properly trained to heal people and were worthless to me, despite my spending almost a decade and large sums of money on them to treat my issues.
If you want to take control of your own health, then use the following framework I put together that helped me get back my health.
The colored boxes are the functional medicine approach to diagnose and treat health issues.
Working from the bottom up, document symptoms, then determine disease/conditions causing those symptoms, then determine pathology – or the underlying mechanisms causing the disease/conditions, then determine epigenetic and genetic factors that predispose you to specific pathology.
- For example, I use to be constantly tired, even with 10 hours of sleep a night. That is classified as symptoms.
- The disease/condition was thyroid and adrenal dysfunction.
- The pathology was high TSH, low T3 and low testosterone. Western doctors stopped here and just treated the disease/condition based on the pathology, which only get worse over time because the underlying condition causing it was still present.
- To keep it simple, epigentics is the environmental effects on DNA that cause the DNA to express itself in a certain way. For me, the environmental effects that caused the high TSH, low T3 and low testosterone, which cause thyroid and adrenal dysfunction, which was the cause my my low energy, was the presence of biotoxins in my system, principally mold spores.
- The genetic factors that cause my body to accumulate biotoxins was a gene variant that does not make the proper antigens to remove biotoxins from my body, thus allowing them to take up residence, accumulate and generally wreak havoc.
Many times health issues have nothing to do with genetics, but epigenetics. If you are a smoker, then you are inflicting epigenetic effects on your lungs that increase the chances for the cancer genes to take hold.
Getting to the root cause of health issues through epigenetic and genetic factors will help you understand and treat the underlying causes. Do as much as you can to understand your genetics and how they are influenced by epigenetics.
For me, my genes predispose me to biotoxins staying in my system, and knowing that, I am now very careful with the foods I eat and the environments I travel through to limit my exposure.
The top boxes in white are the main areas that affect health.
- First is consummables, or food. What we put in our mouths has a huge bearing on our health.
- Next is envionmental toxins…the chemicals we breath, put on our bodies through cosmetics and the electromagnetic radiation we get exposed to through airplane travel, WIFI, mobile phone signals, microwaves for cooking, bluetooth, IoT devices, etc.
- Then we have pathogens, which was the primary area that affected my health. This is any virus or bacteria that takes up residence in our bodies. It can include beneficial bacteria that overgrows beyond the levels where it is no longer beneficial.
- I listed the brain as its own area because effects from the previous three areas can affect the brain and diminish its function, and even if issues are fixed in the other three areas, the brain can still stay in a compromised state.
- The last area is physiology. Physical imperfections, like a defective heart valve is genetic, or just plain wear and tear on the joints is epigenetic, are sources for health issues.
My Online Footprint And Where Else To Find Me
My website is my central repository for all my content. I repost content on various other networks. Please follow me on those networks that work best for you for receiving notifications from me.
- Facebook: I repost my content here.
- Twitter: I repost links to my content here.
- Instagram: I repost links to my content and pics here
- Youtube: Most of my videos are hosted here.
- LinkedIn: I repost links to my content here.
- Quora: I am a top viewed writer for several categories and respond to questions posted here.