Tips from the video are posted below.
I heard something recently which I think is important for all of us to reflect on:
How do we stay relevant with our knowledge and skills as we work for companies or start our own companies and serve our customers?
Here’s how I do it:
- Stay abreast of broad changes in my industry. For me, it is consumer trends and consumer products. See included images which are great snapshots for me;
- Use technology and stay current with it;
- Increase productivity with newly available technology;
- Learn new skills…always be learning;
- Be creative – don’t do what everyone else does and don’t do it just because that is the way it has always been done;
- Know what you don’t know and learn it; the most dangerous thing to becoming less relevant is when you don’t know what you don’t know. Industries change and progress as a result of technology and regulatory changes, so keep track of those in your industry and you will reduce the don’t know what you don’t know state;
- Identify your leverage and take advantage of it. One way to define leverage to me is where you can push with less effort than others and get more results;
- Know what you are good at and focus on that. Be careful of doing things that water down what you are good at;
- Follow your own passions – life is too short;
- Know your tribe and who you do your best work with. Try to spend most of your time working work with those people.
The following are from this article: The consumer sector in 2030: Trends and questions to consider I keep them handy because they provide a great overview of trends to be aware of in my industry of consumer products.
I post what I see and do in consumer products. But I am just one person with my own perspective. I want your opinion and observations from your point of view. Please comment below so I and others can learn. Thank you!